Liquid products of thermochemical processing of lignocellulosic biomass (biooil) are the dark liquid with smoky odor. When produced from lignocellulosic feedstock biooil conform the requirements of ASTM D 7544-10.
Table. Main properties of pyrolysis liquid products
|1||Lower heat of combustion, MJ/kg, more than||15|
|2||Density at 20°С, kg/m3||1100-1300|
|3||Water content, w%, less than||30|
|4||Content of solid particles, w%, less than||2,5|
|5||Kinematic viscosity at 20°С, mm2/с, less than||125|
|6||Sulfur content, w%, less than||0,05|
|7||Ash content, w%, less than||0,25|
|8||Ignition point, °C, more than||45|
|9||Pour point, °C, less than||-9|
Liquid products of fast ablative pyrolysis of lignocellulosic feedstock contain low-molecular compounds and oligomeric products and resins.
Solid products of thermochemical processing of lignocellulosic biomass represent fine-dispersed black powder with high carbon content.
Table. Main properties of char
|1.||Lower heat of combustion, MJ/kg||20-33|
|3.||Carbon content, w%||40-70|
|4.||Ash content, w%||До 15|
|5.||Characteristic size, mm||0,1|
- Alternative fuel for small and public energy production (application in boilers as replacement for petroleum derived heating oil and fuel oil.
- Components of motor fuels
- Binder for composite materials (production of biopolymers, replacement of phenol in phenol- formaldehyde resins, replacement of polyols in polyurethanes up to 30%):
- Feedstock for road construction (addition to bitumen as adhesive up to 30%);
- Feedstock for chemical industry (separation of useful components, rectification, production of oils and motor fuels).
Engine operation on liquid pyrolysis products