A huge amount of waste from the timber industry complex is generated annually in the world. Most of them do not find practical application; they are stored or burned without heat recovery. The placement of wood waste requires large land areas and the cost of their storage.
In the modern world, there is a decrease in reserves and instability of prices for fossil fuels, and this makes the use of renewable resources more relevant. Undoubtedly, low-quality wood and woodworking waste are one of the main renewable energy sources. The energy use of this unrealized potential of wood biomass now allows replacing more than 10% of domestic energy consumption without disturbing the ecosystem balance. The annual amount of waste from woodworking enterprises in Russia alone is more than 70 million m3.
One of the most effective methods for processing wood waste is the fast ablative pyrolysis.
The physicochemical nature of the fast pyrolysis process is the thermal decomposition of organic biomass compounds in the absence of an oxidizing agent at relatively low temperatures of 450-550 ° C, a high heating rate of 500-1000 ° C / s and a short residence time of products in the reaction space (up to 2-3 s) . As a result of the process, when cooling a gas-vapor mixture, liquid products (bio-oil) are formed with a yield of up to 80% of the mass, depending on the operating parameters and the type of raw material.
Chip Processing Equipment
The processing of wood chips, as well as the processing of sawdust and other wood waste, is very effective at the FPP 02 fast pyrolysis plant, which makes it possible to obtain liquid fuel and charcoal from waste. The yield of these products is very high (Table 1), which makes it possible to recoup the installation in a short time (less than 3 years).
Product yield from sawdust processing
|Name||Yield,%||Yield, kg / h|
|Liquid Pyrolysis Products||54||270|
Sawdust recycling as a business
Processing sawdust as a business is highly profitable. Charcoal has an established market in demand. Liquid pyrolysis products (bio-oil) can be used in various directions such as:
- Alternative fuel for small and municipal energy (use in boiler houses instead of heating oil and fuel oil, gas turbines). It can be sold at competitive prices locally to enterprises using heating oil (boiler plants, asphalt plants, grain dryers, steam production, dairies, fuel traders, etc.); in addition, it can be used at the enterprise for heating in winter using liquid fuel boilers with a capacity of 1 MW;
- Binder for composite materials (production of biopolymers, phenol substitution in PFS resins, replacement of polyols in urethanes up to 30%);
- Raw materials for road construction (up to 30% addition to bitumen as an adhesive additive).
- Raw materials for the chemical industry (separation of valuable components, purification, production of oils and motor fuels).
The gas generated during the process is completely consumed by the plant to provide thermal energy to the reactor, the drying module. It can also be used to generate electricity to meet the needs of the installation itself (it can be installed with a generator based on a gas engine). FPP 02 is a mobile plant for processing sawdust, wood chips, waste from pulp and paper mills and other waste from the timber industry and, in principle, any biomass waste. This is a fully automated complex that does not require capital construction and, thanks to its modular design, can be transported by road in containers by road. Our company can offer efficient waste processing equipment in the form of FPP 02 fast pyrolysis plant at optimal prices. We deliver turnkey equipment, which means 100% readiness for operation.
- The fast pyrolysis plant
- Pyrolysis technology
- Pyrolysis waste treatment equipment
- Recycling Tetra Pak